Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good Friday club meeting and other news

The university is supposed to be closed on Good Friday, but the Rec Sports office is going to be open. However, instead of having regular practice, we will meet at Ed's for dinner, weapon repairs and possibly a movie. It starts at 4 p.m., but we won't eat until 6. Nate's working the desk at Rec Sports, so we're waiting until he gets off. I don't know what the movie will be, or what Ed is providing, but I'm making a lasagna.

This semester's Saturday at Sam is on March 29. I'm trying to get a booth for us at the Organizations fair. Let me know if you'd like to help out. Nate is supposed to make a flyer for us and Corey will bring weapons and gear to show off.

I have contact information for the people in charge of SWIFA, the Southwest Intercollegiate Fencing Association. I don't have time to do the paperwork to get us in, so somebody (I'm looking at you, Jacob) who does have the time should let me know.

New links: I've added Fencing.net to our blog (it's on the left). It's one of the best sites for USFA and international fencing news. I've also put up a link to FRED, the best way to look for upcoming tournaments.

I think that's it for today. I'll see you-all tomorrow night at Ed's! Contact him over the Facebook group if you don't know how to get there.

No comments: